Use Job summaries, submittals and other project technical documentation to design control systems for large, custom industrial equipment. Systems typically are composed of PLC based control, motor controls, VFDs, remote I/O, multiple junction boxes and associated panels, cable interfaces, sensors and other devices.
Create, update, and release for manufacturing: electrical schematics, interface identification drawings, cabinet layout drawings, I/O lists, drawing lists, bills of material, and P&ID's using AutoCAD.
Conduct internal design review meetings with onsite based Project managers.
Create final documentation packages for end users including schematics, documentation, and vendor component literature.
Work closely with the Project Engineer, Electrical Engineer and to solve problems that may arise in the shop or in other areas of coordination.
Any experience with development/maintenance of any PLC/SCADA applications will be a plus but not necessary.
Direct, train and mentor detailers or more junior Electrical Designers in the execution of their duties when required..
- Design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions for various industries
- Develop P&IDs and loop descriptions for various plants, processes, and/or equipment
- Develop User Requirement Specifications.
- Develop software and hardware design specifications.
- Design, program, implement, test and document process control applications.
- Develop control system validation/testing protocols.
- Specify and purchase Siemens/Rockwell components, drives, and other electrical components and equipment.
- Develop electrical panel schematics.
- Manage automation projects as assigned.
- Monitor progress of projects.
- Install, test, and start-up control systems on-site.
- Design Engineering
- control Centers
- Motor controls
- junction boxes and panels
- and other devices